Donnerstag, 16. Oktober 2014

WHAT'S YOUR PASSION?

#2: A Passionate Post  

Between youTube, blogger, school, sports and friends I don't find the time for my good old diary anymore. A few years ago, I used to write in there every single evening, even if it was the stupiest stuff about what I did that day or why I had argued with someone. I remember one time when a boy in my class and me dated, I would write down everything I planned to wear, even what Make-Up and what I wanted to do with my hair. 
It was incredibly calming for me and it gave me the possibility to structure all the thoughts going on in my head. When I was confused or sad and I just couldn't fall asleep, I would always take a pen and write all that crazyness down.
An old friend of mine also used to have a diary like this and she often told me about an entry she wrote about me. "Tomorrow my new friend Pia is going to visit me..." and so one.
Haven't we been cute?

Of course me and my friends dreamed about what
we wanted to be one day, as every child does. 
We all know at least one boy who wanted to becoma a policeman, firefighter or astronaut. Or, as my little brother, a businessman who drives all the way to his bureau in his BMW, wearing a nice suit and carrying his briefcase.
There you go.
And all the girls wanted to be model, singer or dancer, veterinarian, advocate or filmstar. That were the first things we always came up with.
But besides that, I always wanted to be an author. Simply because I had found a range of books I really liked. I kept trying and wrote the first eight pages. They were rubbish, so I wrote another five new pages. Over and over again, I didn't count. None of these books have ever been finished. Looking back, the subject of the books I wanted to write were always girls I could identify with.
I processed things I had experienced.
Later, the author became the journalist and this dream developed in exactly what you are reading in this very moment.
Congratulations, you're officially a part of me trying to figure out, what my current dream is. 

   I don't know my dream. It's too blurred and vague to figure it out. But what I know is my passion. My biggest one, to be accurate. Writing.
It seems to be the resolution to all of my problems. Most of them. Some.
Learing to me is the easiest by writing everything I need to know down. Writing letters is such a personal way to communicate with friends and family who don't live in your area. Saing goodybye gets much easier through a letter, it's something that you can hold in your hand or you can burn it if you want.It's more than just some dark letters in front of a blazing  display in all of your loneliness, joy or love. Music has to be written down, even though it is another kind of language. 

  A diary to me seems to be the best self-enacted therapy that I could possibly think of. It helps me to understand what I think, feel and want. It helps me to avoid stupid reactions, to calm down and to be balanced. It allows me to let my mind wander. Today as in my childhood. Don't you understand the brilliance of a diary? No matter how big or small it is. No matter if you have a real book, with lock and key or without or if you're just taking notes on a single sheet of paper, your phone or laptop. It keeps your thoughts, your feelings and your secrets.
Hide it, so that they are safe.

   When you find something to rave about, to put all your time and effort and heart and soul into, to gather information about and to do whenever you have time, to tell all of your friends about and to simply feel good, happy, satisfied and strong while doing it, then you know, you found your passion

   For me, passion is the key to happiness.

Tell me about it. What is ypur passion. And what does PASSION mean to you - can you sum it up in one single sentence?

5 Kommentare:

  1. I absolutely love this post, Pia! As much as I also love writing, I haven’t kept a diary in such a long time. And you’re right, it’s funny to think back on the types of things you’d write about as a young girl. I know I had plenty of diary entries about boys I had crushes on. I’m sure it would make me cringe now! Oh, how I’d write about far different things these days! I think I just might have to start keeping a diary again. :)

    Rachel
    thehautenotes.com

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Rachel, I'm happy to have you here on my blog, since I really like yours :)
      You really should start writing a diary again :)
      Oh yes, sometimes I read a few things and just thought to myself "Oh wow. Wish I had these problems again" :D

      Löschen
  2. Such a wonderful post, dear! I love the way you write, so articulate, so passionate, so well put together. I feel like I could sit and have a cup of tea with you and chat for hours with just the way you speak. Live life passionately and all else will flow. Go where your passion goes and you'll never be empty.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you so much, Jennifer! It really means a lot.
      Well, I wouldn't have anything against that eather :D

      Löschen
  3. Wonderful post, Pia! I think diaries are such stellar therapy, no matter how old you get, too. :) Cheers!

    AntwortenLöschen